6/02/2011

Just watering my blog

Are you like me and find that blogging and Facebooking and Tweeting have become more time consuming than actually connecting in person with our friends?  Maybe it's just me, but how do these people do it?  Do they have families?  Do they have jobs?  Do they have lives??

I thought the advent of social networking was supposed to make everything easier, save time - you know, speed things up a bit.  But what we're seeing is the opposite, I think.  Now we don't have enough time to maintain all of our cyber pages that are floating around.  It's becoming more of a chore than a fun activity.

The reality is that my social networking yard is becoming like my actual yard.  If I neglect it and forget to cut it or water it or fertilize it, then it gets overgrown, becomes overrun with dandelions, and forces neighbors to move away from me.

If I want blog-neighbors, than I need to maintain my blog.  I need to be consistent with my posts and make sure that they're neatly written and appealing, then, maybe I'll attract more people to come over for a visit.

But that will have to wait for now.  I've got to go water my lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment